Friday, November 19, 2010

On the Skinny Trail Again

It's been too long since I posted to this blog. In fact, when I saw the title of my page I didn't recognize it. That's bad.

The name of the post is intended to remind me that once again I'm working toward the goal of getting down to where I want to be weight wise. It's taken me almost a year to get headed the right direction but I'm on my way. Before, I couldn't get the exercise and calorie count thing down. It had to be one or the other. Now I have it! Most of the time the exercise was used as an excuse to eat more which added pounds. HA! I'm not fooling myself anymore.

This all may sound trivial but weight loss at least for me is a head game. I know all the rules, what to eat, drink, how to weigh and measure.....so on so on so on. But for me it's in my head and emotions I need to pay close attention to. I have to admit I'm not willing to give up on trying to lose weight because if I do I'll go the other direction. The more I weigh the unhappier I get. I am more content when I see the digital read out flash a lower number at me each time I step on the scale. The one I have now even tells you what changed from yesterday, a week ago, two weeks ago, eight weeks ago along with an arrow on the side. Hmm.

I know we're a week from Thanksgiving and then food and more food after that. This was the time last year I lost control and headed back up the digital read out. So we will see how the next month or so goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment